Friday, March 6, 2009

Batteries

Isaiah 32:15
Ok I have a serious block keeping me from coming up with something wonderful for today's devotion. I'm just sitting and staring at the screen, searching headlines, music sites, anything to come up with an idea. Sometimes I am like batteries that keep going and going and going, then suddenly, they're gone. "This will continue until God pours his Spirit from above upon us. Then the desert will be like a fertile field and the fertile field like a forest (Isaish 32:15 NCV)." Like the Israelites waiting for God to deliver them, we too get dry and weary. It is when we have these moments that we need to recharge like those wonderful rechargeable type batteries, which are great as long as you remember the charger. Thankfully we have a myriad of ways available to us to refuel. Spending some quiet time in God's Word, praying, meditating, spiritual retreats, or one of my favorites is just going out and getting lost in God's creation. In fact I will be starting a blog based on the sacred places I spend time at around where I live in Tucson, AZ. There is nothing like immersing oneself in God's handiwork to cure a lack of inspiration. The more we seek him the closer we will draw to him and our eyes will be opened to even greater things. It is important for us to ask the the Spirit to fall afresh on us, regularly and to breathe new life into us. There is an old hymn I used to sing in church that went, "Spirit of the living God, fall afresh on me....melt me, mold me, fill me, use me, Spirit of the living God, fall afresh on me." Let us seek more time for the power of God to come upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment