Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Radio

Isaiah 6:8
Ever get to feeling a bit tuned out from life, a bit bewildered? Sometimes it gets difficult to decode the message I'm getting about the direction I'm supposed to be going. It's like when you're trying to listen to a radio program but static keeps creeping in, making some of the words unintelligible. You think you kind of, sort of understand what God is saying, but chunks of the memo are missing. It seems, just when I thought I understood my calling questions arise, a door closes, or discontentment sets in. Even when the way seems hard to find and the instructions seem unclear, keep pressing on. It is better to be doing something for God and to grow in your walk with him, than to sit on the sidelines waiting to get called into the game. God is still at work in you even when things seem jumbled, or the pieces don't seem to be coming together, or things just don't seem to make much sense. Somehow in his amazing design, God fits all those pieces together molding us and our ministry. As life unfolds, your experiences, both good and bad become a way for you to connect with others and minister for the Lord in your own unique way. It may not be until much later that we look back and see how some small thing we did fit into God's greater plan. Just being available and faithful to whatever opportunities God gives you is what matters. Right now what I'm doing doesn't seem like much to me, yet several of the kids I serve in the childrens home have given their hearts to Jesus. It really had nothing to do with me, other than I was the one who was taking them to church and prayed for them. Nothing showy, nothing anyone else couldn't do. It's just about letting the Lord use you where a need is. Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me (Isaiah 6:8 NIV)!" Be willing to serve the Lord, even in small ways. After all, even if only one person were to come to know Christ as their Savior because of you being faithful to the call - wouldn't that be a big deal?

The Christian music video to go with today's devotion is "Here I Am" by Downhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment